Your Privacy Rights
Effective Date: April 11, 2023
Your data is processed by us in the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may or may not be to the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. BY VISITING THE APP AND USING THE SERVICE, YOU UNEQUIVOCALLY AND UNAMBIGUOUSLY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES OF ANY INFORMATION COLLECTED OR OBTAINED BY US THROUGH VOLUNTARY SUBMISSIONS, AND, TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE, THAT U.S. LAW GOVERNS ANY SUCH COLLECTION AND PROCESSING.
Who Collects Your Personal Information On Our Service?
We do. We collect information from you on the Service, and we are responsible for protection of your personal information, sometimes also referred to as personally identifiable information, (collectively, “PII”).
What Information Does Called Collect?
Requested and Provided Information. We collect certain personal information about you, which may be supplied when you register for the Service, when you create or update your account, when you use the Service or otherwise when you submit such information. The types of PII that we collect and save include:
- Contact and account information, such as name, date of birth, email address, username; and
- Technical information, collected in our logs. Such information may include standard web log entries that contain your device identifiers and information, operating system information, usage statistics, IP address, timestamps, and session tokens.
The service may retain information provided to the app through the phone’s share drawer. Additionally, you may provide us with information when you interact with us through email, submit a review or a post, or through other use of the Service. We may retain such information in order to provide you with services, and you agree that we may share this information as needed with other users in order to resolve any issues that may arise between you and another user of the Service.
The Service may record photos if you permit such access in order to use certain features. The Service may also send you push notifications, and request permission to access your photo gallery, camera roll or other device storage area holding your images, in order for you to upload and transmit them through the Service.
The Service may also access the internet or use your mobile data plan in order to use certain features of the Service.
- Non-personal Information. Non-personal information is non-personally identifiable or anonymous information about you, including but not limited to links and materials posted, the type of device you used and its operating system, browser information, the features accessed most frequently, when and how you use the App, applications downloaded, search terms entered, and similar non-personal data.
If non-personal information is paired to any of your PII, we will treat the non-personal information as if it were also PII.
- Aggregate Information. We may also collect anonymous, non-identifying and aggregate information such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, the date and time of any request, and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Why Is My Information Being Collected?
We need to collect your PII so that we can respond to your requests for information or to be added to our email lists, to enforce our Terms of Service, and to process your requests to access the Service. We also collect aggregate information to help us better design the Service. We collect log information for monitoring purposes to help us to diagnose problems with our servers, administer the Service, calculate usage levels, and otherwise provide services to you.
We collect User Content for purposes of providing certain functionalities of the Service.
How Do We Use the PII We Collect?
We use the PII you provide for the purposes for which you have submitted it including:
- Internal Uses. We may use your PII to respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests for information, track usage trends, conduct experiments, prevent fraud, develop and improve the Service and other offerings, and perform research and analytics.
- Creating and Maintaining Your User Account. We use your PII to create and maintain an account for you to allow you to purchase and use the Service.
- Communicating With You About Our Services. We may use your PII to send you information about new services and other items that may be of interest to you.
We may use anonymous information that we collect to improve the design and content of our Service, and to enable us to personalize your internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze how our App is used, as well as to offer you programs or services.
We may use your User Content to provide certain functionalities of the Service, as directed by you. We may also anonymize your User Content and use it for purposes of improving the design and content of our Service, analyzing how the Service is used, and performing analytics and benchmarking, and for general business purposes.
Do We Share Your PII?
We will not share your PII except: (a) for the purposes for which you provided it, including to other users for the Service to function; (b) with your consent; (c) as may be required by law or as we think necessary to protect our organization or others from injury (e.g., in response to a court order or subpoena, in response to a law enforcement agency request, or when we believe that someone is causing, or is about to cause, injury to or interference with the rights or property of another); or (d) with persons or organizations with whom we contract to perform services for us, including the performance, or development of, aspects of the Service and other internal operations or business activities. We may also share aggregate information with others, including affiliated and non-affiliated organizations.
We may share your User Content with other users via the Service, as directed by you. We may use and share anonymized User Content for purposes of improving the design and content of our Service, analyzing how the Service is used, performing analytics and benchmarking, and for general business purposes.
We may also share aggregate information with others, including affiliated and non-affiliated organizations.
Finally, we may transfer your PII to a third party, or our successor-in-interest, in relation to, or in the event of, a merger, acquisition, sale of all or substantially all of our assets, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other change of control.
Integrated Partners may also collect information about your use of Integrated Partner Services.
We may provide you with access to an Integrated Partner’s product or service (“Integrated Partner Services”. Integrated Partners gather information about your use of Integrated Partner Services by means of cookies and tracking data and this information is used to create reports about with usage information. Integrated Partne Services are governed by separate terms of service and privacy policies, including standalone terms regarding the processing of data such as messages, files, or other content submitted to those accounts. You can find information about Integrated Partner Services privacy policies and practices at the URLs set forth below:
Service Provider: Giphy
Information Integrated Partners receive automatically
When you use Integrated Partner Services, they may be able to access:
- What you post or share from these integrated products or services
- What you use their services to do; and
- Information from and about the device you’re using.
Are There Other Ways My Personal Data Could Be Shared?
You may elect to share certain personal information with individuals or with the public via your use of the Service. Be aware that when you choose to share information with friends, or with the public at large, you may be disclosing sensitive information, or information from which sensitive information can be inferred. Always use caution when sharing information through the Service. You understand and agree that we are not responsible for any consequences of your sharing of information through and beyond the Service.
How Can You Access And Control Your Information?
After becoming a user of the Service, you may view, revise or edit certain personal information associated with you by logging into the Service, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
For instructions on how you can further access your personal information that we have collected, or how to correct errors in such information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly stop processing your information and remove it from our servers and database at any time upon your e-mail request, where required by law. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access, making corrections, or removing your information.
How We Store and Protect Your Information.
1. After receiving your PII, we will store it on our servers for future use. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect including, but not limited to, strong encryption, firewall protection, and industry best practice authentication. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or data storage solution can ever be completely secure. As a result, although we take industry-standard steps to protect your information (e.g., strong encryption), we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or receive from us or that we store on our or our service providers’ systems.
2. We store your PII until the earlier of (i) your PII no longer being necessary for the purposes for which it was being processed; (ii) our deletion of your PII in accordance with our data retention decisions as well as retention and other internal policies; or (iii) your request that we remove it from our servers, except in cases where we have the legal obligation, or authority, and we elect, to maintain that information. We store our logs and other technical records indefinitely.
How Do We Use Network Technologies?
To enable functionality of the Service, such as accessing your secure data and navigating the app, we use session identifiers associated with your device. Features of this Service may not function properly without the aid of unique identifiers.
Collection of Information by Others.
Children and Young People’s Information.
We do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13, and we comply with all applicable privacy laws including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), and associated Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) rules for collecting personal information from minors. Please see the FTC’s website (www.ftc.gov) for more information. If you have concerns about this App, wish to find out if your child has accessed our services, or wish to remove your child’s personal information from our servers, please contact us at email@example.com. Our App will not knowingly accept personal information from anyone under 13 years old in violation of applicable laws, without consent of a parent or guardian. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided PII to us, we will make efforts to delete the child’s information in accordance with the COPPA. If you believe that your child under 13 has gained access to our Site without your permission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights.
California law allows California residents to request information regarding our disclosures to third parties in the prior calendar year, if any, of their personally identifiable information. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com with “Request for Privacy Information” in the subject line. Please include enough detail for us to locate your file; at a minimum, your name, email, and username, if any. We will attempt to provide you with the requested information within thirty (30) days of receipt. We reserve our right not to respond to requests sent more than once in a calendar year, or requests submitted to an address other than the one posted in this notice. Please note that this law does not cover all information sharing. Our disclosure only includes information covered by the law.
Our Contact Information
Copyright © Called, Inc.. All rights reserved. The Service is the property of Called, and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. This includes the content, appearance, and design of the Service, as well as the trademarks, product names, graphics, logos, service names, slogans, colors, and designs.